Landscaping can be a task if ideas in our heads are blurred. We need to have a clear picture to figure out how we want our landscape to look like and work along with those ideas.
The following are a list of great landscape ideas for anyone to consider and implement.
- Plant a lot.
The easiest landscape idea is to plant a lot of the same plants to create a bold space of similarity.
- Plants with twice the duty.
For someone with a small garden, it is a wise call to plant trees that serve not only one purpose, but more.
A basic attention grabber is when the landscape idea is made up of creating contrast. It always works great and has a unique feel to it.
Pick up a pattern and repeat plants; accordingly, the final results look so perfect that none of us would want it any other way.
- Play with your Plants.
Change and maintain your plants, remember to prune it and have a beautifully maintained garden at all times!
- Mix objects.
Landscapes with only plants are bland. A good landscape idea is to always have other materials as well. For example, rocks and pebbles go a long way in making gardens look so well.
Angles and straight lines or different shapes go a long way in designs, let alone as a landscape idea. Therefore, take your time and plan out a geometric approach to plant and decorate. It will definitely go a long way.
Some Additional Tips
- Separate Spaces. Another great idea is to use small fences or dividers to separate out different types of plants or spaces uniquely.
- Big trees and random shrubs. The above easily get ignored and end up burdening your landscape ideas. However, the best way to go about it would be to build and develop your plans around them. This might give amazing ideas.
- Islands. A little secret to having a great-looking yard is to build islands in the middle of the garden, in a tasteful manner. They also add height to the garden.
- Addition of containers. It’s a rare sight to see trees in containers on a garden with soil bed and border. But that’s precisely why this out of the box landscape idea as fresh and new. It always adds color and pop into the entire scenario.
- Textures. Our eyes and aesthetics look for different colors, textures and incorporating that will make the landscape look ten times better.
- Include different types of plants. It is an excellent pathway to take. You can have plants of different heights so that the monotony of shrubs and small plants are broken with the lean, tall ones. It is an exciting approach that looks great.
- Last, but not least, Go Green. Landscape ideas are the best when they end up green, be it in different shades and tints. But green, the most soothing color to the eye, must serve its purpose when one is thinking of a landscape design while brainstorming landscape ideas.